Employment Dispute Resolution Plan
In addition to pay, the Federal Judiciary offers comprehensive
employee benefits, programs and resources to meet the individual
and family needs of each federal employee, including health
care, dental, vision, life insurance,
paid time-off, savings
and retirement plans. *
Annual Leave and Holidays
In addition to holidays, paid time off is available for vacation,
personal, health care and illness.
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Vacation and Non-Medical Emergencies
- Paid Sick Leave
Health Care Insurance
- Choice of Point of Service (P.O.S) and H.M.O plans for self and family.
- Choice of Supplemental Dental and Vision Insurance Group Plans for self, self plus one or family.
- Coverage is effective the first day of the pay period after required forms are processed and employee is on payroll.
- Participating employees may pay their share of the plan premiums on a pre-tax basis through payroll deduction.
- Basic Coverage with option to select additional individual or family coverage.
Savings and Retirement
- Retirement plan consists of both a traditional defined benefit plan, as well as a defined contribution thrift saving program.
- Retiree health care benefits
- Commuter Benefit Program
- Transit Subsidy Voucher
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Long Term Care Insurance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts allow participating employees to set aside pre-tax dollars to cover
eligible health care and dependent care expenses not presently covered under Federal
Employee Health Benefits (FEHB) Plans, including co-pays and the deductible.
- Employee Assistance Program
Other employee resources and services which may vary by location include:
- Federal Credit Union
- ATM on site
- Cafeteria with food service
- On-site Fitness Centers that provide cardiovascular and strengthening
- Fitness classes and weight loss programs
* Employee Benefits are not applicable for employees with
temporary assignments of one year of less.