The Southern District of New York is committed to taking all steps needed to protect the health and safety of jurors, trial participants and court staff.
Those measures are outlined in a letter to jurors from Chief Judge McMahon.
Jurors should review the steps below:
- The week before your jury service, answer the questions found in the SUPPLEMENTAL JUROR QUESTIONNAIRE, which is included in every Summons for Jury Service.
- Watch the video below about what to expect during your jury service.
- Wear a mask at all times while inside the courthouse, except when eating or drinking.
- At the entrance to the courthouse, pass through the screening process to gain entry as required by the court’s Standing Order 20 Misc. 138 - Restrictions on Visitors to the Courthouse. This will include several screening questions and a temperature check. To speed your entry into the courthouse you may perform the screening process at home the morning of your jury service by following the directions found in the INSTRUCTIONS FOR ENTERING THE COURTHOUSE.
- Jurors will be permitted to bring one cellphone into the courthouse.
- The court will provide lunch to all jurors free of charge in order to eliminate the need to leave the building during the day.
We look forward to meeting you and we thank you for you jury service.